Andrea Carignani – naval architect & yacht designer
I’m an architect and yacht designer specialized in exteriors and interiors currently based in Viareggio, Italy, but looking for the next step in my career – wherever in the world that may be.
Thanks for viewing my portfolio.
My design philosophy is distinctly clean and deceptively simple.
Surveyor, Architect & Yacht Designer 2008-Present
Sole Giuseppe: Naval Architecture, Design & Supervision – Viareggio, Italy www.studioingsole.it
- Conceptualized and hand-sketched the exterior of new yacht projects
- Developed and designed concept yacht models using Rhinoceros 4.0
- Created 3D models and renderings of existing yachts using Rhinoceros and V-ray, completed desired modifications
- Made 3D models of mechanical devices in order to correct or renew original design flaws
- Managed small-scale model creation
- Assisted engineers with oversight and made designs for new builds and refits
Freelance Architectural Designer 2006 – Present
- Converted digital CAD designs of yachts to 3D models using Rhino.
- Used 3D models to troubleshoot original design flaws and make appropriate modifications and photo match.
- Designed interior furnishing for commercial use (see showroom at: www.roman-yachting.com).
Architectural Assistant 2006 – 2008
John W. Werntz Architect, Inc. – South Bend, Indiana
- Converted hard-copy drawings of commercial buildings to digital designs using CAD
- Consulted to find cost-effective and aesthetically pleasing solutions for commercial projects
- Surveyed existing buildings and adjusted digital plans
Instructor of 3D digital modelling 2016 – Present
The University of Florence
- introductory course on Rhinoceros 5.0 and Grasshopper plug-in
Surveyor since 2004
Architect since 2011
Post Graduate Specialization 2010
Instituto Nautico, Viareggio, Italy
Concentration: Naval construction, refitting and maintenance
Bachelor’s Degree 2010
University of Florence, Italy
Thesis: Refit of a fishing boat to off-shore yacht assistance boat/pleasure craft.
Study Abroad 2004-2005
Ecole Polytecnique de Mons, Belgium
Concentration: Engineering, Architecture & Design
Full scholarship through Erasmus
Lazzeri Technical Institute, Pietrasanta, Italy
Specialization: Surveying & Architecture